1. I spent most of my childhood in a town with less than 600 people. There was an average of ten kids in my class- one was my step brother. The town sits on the edge of a desert/playa. Once a year, at the end of summer the desert holds more than 50,000 people on it’s cracked surface (maybe you have heard of Burning Man?) When they all show up for the festival, the “City” of Burning Man is the 3rd most populated place in Nevada.
2. When I was three, I fractured my skull- my mom thought she killed me when the bike that we were riding went over. I still have the scar on my forehead and the memories of the day- which also means I made it out alive… (don’t worry mom, I think I am pretty normal- considering)
3. I am my mom’s only and my dad’s 5th (the baby).
4. I am a gypsy at heart, but also need routine and rhythm to my day.
5. As a kid, I wanted to be an artist or a dolphin/whale trainer when I grew up. Ironically, I totally freak when I swim in the ocean. Put me in a lake and I am in my happy place.
6. My first car was a red Volvo. It was a TANK. I totaled it on the way to school, it was a sad, sad day. My step bro used to drive it around town in reverse while my girlfriend and I would stand up and out of the moon roof, just for giggles. (Don’t worry mom, we all survived that one, too)
7. I never thought I would have a desk job or work/understand computers like I do now. Funny what life throws at you.
8. I spent a month in Spain when I was 22. I wish I would have studied the language a little more and drank a little less- but damn they have good wine there.
9. I am best friends with my bestie from childhood. She is my giggle twin. And our kids are the next generation of gigglers.
10. I wish I didn’t have that furrow between my brow, it is more from me thinking all the time then frowning. But it makes me look angry- maybe I will get botox….(or not).
13. as a result of #12, I am a sucker for Project Runway and America’s Next Top Model… guilty, guilty pleasures.